In today’s digital era. You might think that business cards are no longer needed. Think again. Business cards are a proven way to market oneself.
And with borders and restrictions easing up, face-to-face is starting to become the new norm. Thus, let’s meet new clients through your business card.
Let’s get into the excellent stuff to help you design the best business card.
Business Card Dimensions
A business card is what it is because of the universal knowledge of its function and size. It’s a strong marketing tool to reach your market.
The standard size for all business cards is 85 × 55 mm. However, there are other types of card dimensions you can choose.
Around eight other business card dimensions can be used for your business:
- Folded Business Card – 88.9 x 101.6mm or double the size of your business card.
- Jumbo Square – 88.9 x 88.9 mm
- Square – 65 x 65 mm
- Mini Square – 50.8 x 50.8 mm
- Mini – 70 x 28 mm
- Slim – 88.9 x 25.4 mm
You can choose which one is the best for you. You’d also need to finalize your design and what other aspects of the business card are needed.
Why are business cards still important?
There are many reasons why business cards are still important pieces of marketing.
- Your business card will be the first impression many potential customers will have of your brand, your business and of you.
- Business cards are extremely effective marketing tools. A good business card will rarely get discarded and that means it is still working for you weeks or months after it’s been given and received.
- Business cards are much more personal than email or online marketing. A handshake and exchange of business cards creates a much greater impact than any online correspondence and that’s great for building lasting business relationships.
- Business cards show you’re a professional and serious about your business. If someone asks for a card and you can’t produce you’ll look amateurish and unprepared to do business.
- Good business cards get shown to others and shared between contacts and colleagues. A clever, creative, well-designed and professionally printed business card is a great way to get referrals.
- Business cards are great value for money marketing. Business cards are effective and easy to produce at little cost compared to other forms or marketing.
What makes a business card effective?
Business cards are versatile and can be used anywhere. Carry them with you wherever you go. You’ll be surprised at how many opportunities you’ll have to give out cards at social as well as business events like trade shows, conferences, meetings and networking events. They’re so small people will always put them in their pocket and keep them for future reference. There really are no rules on how to use business cards. Be as inventive as you can. Business cards are a great way to get remembered.
Ready to get down to business?
When you’re ready to print your new business cards you can get a quote, by contacting us.
When you ask for a quote please let us know if you have special size and/or paper requirements for your business cards. Our print quality is guaranteed.